Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Viva Espania

Well what a day, I thought it was a bit brisk getting my walk on the beach at just after 9am. Then a sleep in the car while they went to do something to the bank manager (I kept looking to see if I could se a man in a suit walking around with his balls around his neck !!. They were away about an hour, they apparently just wanted a bank cheque, they got the full Spanish official session.
 
Then I got dumped back at home and they went off (It was so sunny and hot I was glad to get to sleep in the cool apartment). When they got back they had the good news for me. WE ARE OFFICIAL !!. We own our home in the sun. Dads had to spend 2 hours in Cartagena, around a table with the Solicitor, the Bank Manager, the Financial Director of the builder, their Agent to do the translating and them. 2 hours and it was all over, we own our new home. But they looked knackered, as the stress was over. Well nearly, they have to go to get the electricity connected properly, and go back to Cartagena with loads of paper to get the water contracted. They seem to be getting used to the "Spanish" way, and if it takes hours and enough paper to cover a field then so be it !!! Bring out the rubber stamps.
 
Then next week, Monday or maybe Tuesday or even Wednesday, we will get our air-conditioning, so cool for me, we will see if it happens !
 
So blue sky's, 19 deg, official home (they had lunch in the street, and of course the celebration "drink") the I got to go to the local bar, and got my drink with dads this afternoon, just a perfect day .........
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment