Thursday, April 23, 2009

Its beginning to get HOT

Well Hola, its been a while.


We could say we have been busy, cus we have. We could say we have Spanish manana, cus we have. The truth is, its been just too much for Alan to upload my blog, and I don't have the password to log on......

So what's been happening here in Spain, where do I begin?

We have finally got the legal stuff sorted, dads have been laughing, grunting, swearing and chuntering about getting things done here in Spain. They went to the television shop to get the electric supply contract done ! got a bill for €140 for the meter, and Alan is proud, the meter is installed with his name on it. 5 visits to get the water supply done, either closed for unknown fiesta day, or queues out the door and up the street. The last visit they stuck it out, and after an hour and another €130 for the meter, we were legal to drink water !

Bad day today - we have 7 clouds to last us all day !


The Spanish man fitted the aircon, and so we have fresh cool (or warm in the evenings) air, VERY NICE for those of us that are a little hirsute !

Dads also did a lot of research for fittings for the bathroom. The local shop showed them a catalogue for shower doors at over €1000, but they found a shop in the city where they got very nice shower and bath screens, both for under €300, so after they had fitted them they were happy (thank goodness for that !!!)

I was an Easter Hit, with all the processions, markets, and visitors to the Easter Fiesta, I went down to the Paseo. I stopped people eating, walking and talking, all the Spanish eating the lunches at the many restaurants just stopped and looked at me, (you can get a complex being a Bernese !!) I think they thought I was part of the religious procession (just throw me some food bits !).

It also meant most of the apartments were in use, the people who were already here we joined by the Spanish families who only come down from the cities for Easter and August. And by Monday (not a holiday in most of Spain) they had gone, peace again.

The sheep have returned below our terrace - the Shepard sleeps with them at night, as they move from mountain side to field


So now after a month we are starting to get ready for the trip back to the UK. Alan has booked the Hotels, and next it's the bit I don't like, booking the Vet for my passport bit ! . They were laughing about packing up the car, they remembered my food and water bowls on the way down. I had a drink and they just stuck the bowls on top of everything in the back and slammed the back door down. They wondered why all the cars seemed to be hanging about behind us as we continued down the motorway. Until a car pulled along side of us and smiled and made gestures about round things and pointed to the rear of the car. It was some time later that the realised what was happening. Everyone thought my bowls were the lenses of traffic speed cameras in the back window, so everyone was slowing down and following us, until they could work out they were not cameras, So I will not be a traffic police dog on they way back !!

Last weekend I was joined by my best mate Debbie our neighbour from back home in UK. There had been a BIG problem, dads were checking some bits of paper and realised they had left my passport back in the UK. I could not go back without it, (is this a problem ?) so to be safe (and to show Debbie around before their visit) she flew over, bringing 2 days of rain and bad weather with her. But it cleared up before she went back, so I had time to show her all my favourite place and introduce her to all my mates in Spain (well those who we could find !)

Our new sail on the solarium for shade (keeps the hose cool !!) pity we don't have any furniture up there yet !

Now its getting to be about 24/25 deg inside early afternoon, so maybe the UK will be best for me for the next few months. Its going to be hard for all of us to go, its so nice and we like all our friends down here. But we will be with our UK friends soon, and before you know it, we'll be packing the car for the 2500 miles journey down again.

So more gossip from me about our trip back, and then keeping all my mates in Spain updated with my adventures in the UK

(I also have a load of jokes for you all, I have dad to have a look at setting me up with a "joke" area for you to click on and just get the laugh pages - might have to put my teeth into his rear to get him to do it - manana !!)

All from the "Hot Dog" for now

Leopold

No comments:

Post a Comment