Wednesday, June 9, 2010

IT REALLY IS AN UPDATE

Well as its been 5 weeks since our return to UK, it's long overdue, this update. AT last someone may say! BUT i do have mitigating reasons for not pulling my claw out. We have all been hibernating...........in our cosy cave, while the grey, damp, COLD and monsoon days have passed. In these five weeks we have had 6 days when its got over 20 deg, so my fur coat has not been an inconvenience (in fact the opposite – at least I have been able to hypothermia away !) Dads are slowly turning white again, their skin not seeing air let alone sun, under the woollen layers and coats.


But enough of this, it's time to think warm – sun – blue sky – dry walks........... Just 3 months away! No they say on that telly thing that it may get better by the weekend, so maybe we will get the summer we came back for. I have to admit, we would all like to be back in Isla Plana, but having heard some of the chats dad has had on the phone with our friends down there, my paws would not stand the frying on the pavement and terrace, so that's that.

Remember clicking pictures will give you the big one !

Beside the seaside, on a beautiful France early summer day, with my mates Robert and Geoff and dads.


Glad to see that they design the seats to accommodate a Bernese (the decking was a bit hot)

Our journey back was very good as we had two nights with my mates Robert and Geoffrey, in France. Even the new vet I saw was OK, I only quivered a little bit when I was taken there, quite a smart place in fact. We went to the beach, and had a very nice lunch, in the French way (me being able to be with dads). There was a bit of grumbling when they had finally got us home, the costs were added up, and it was my fault ! Had we have been able to fly, they said it would have been such a difference, but I know its not possible for me to fly cus they won't let me have a seat. Because of this it cost over €120 in tolls, €260 in fuel, not to mention the two hotels, food, in car nibbles, and my treats. On the mention of hotels of course not all went well (I could cut and paste this from previous blogs it so repeated ) Apart from dads having to view the spectacle of a resident in the house opposite our room, apparently cocking his leg up his shed. I didn't think humans did this, but they explained that the area we were in the outskirts of Le Mann, it was probably quite usual, as it was like a deprived council estate (when the hotel had been built it was probably different they said), BUT there could only be one other problem – any guesses ?............. Yes you have it WIFI or the lack of it. Advertised as FREE, it got them going as it was not going, then when they got it sorted apparently so slow it was unusable – something like a dialup connection was mentioned – whatever that is. But by then I decided to doze to keep my stress levels down, one more WIFI incident, and I'll need a mussel.

You see I still have the ability to look Innocent and cute ! I have to when watching them with a couple of "bottles" on the table


I miss my three walks a day, now back to my NEW garden (more in bit) and around the village in the afternoon (usually between rain showers!) The humans have taken pity though and I do get a ride out to the supermarket every so often. And as a treat they take me into the pet superstore to buy my chews, and have a sniff round (sometimes I meet interesting mates in the aisles, dads say that not uncommon in the food supermarkets – with housewives cruising for a lunch time treat – confusing cus I thought it was only food you got there !). The one thing I have heard less of since we got back is moaning that ingredients are not available. With what Alan has in the cupboards here, it's never a spice or herb shortage, that going to happen. NOW its "I think I have just bought two tomato plantations back in Spain included in the price of these" apparently the cost of toms here makes their eyes water. Cannot have it every way, I say, but they don't listen, never do, may as well talk to the cats, I am sure they would listen.

Testing out our new "super" lawn, and I can say its perfect


The new garden (taken in the rain - as that what its done since we got here)


Our new garden has made us all happy. Our neighbours, Kenny, Debbie, and kids have transformed our garden, from a tired old weedy country garden to a really nice laid out garden with a beautiful lawn for me to roll on my back on (I am being blamed for a yellow patch that has developed – not sure why ). Apparently the turf came from the grower a few miles down the road who supplies Wembley Stadium – whatever that is, but is certainly nice and green and really like a deep pile carpet, just perfect for me. They keep saying what a difference it has made, I'm just happy for somewhere to cock my leg!

Me in the old garden last year, comfortable overgrown weeds !

Everywhere is so green (they say it's due to the moist conditions) it's quite a contrast to Spain. And I don't have to look out for caterpillars!! It's so lush, with all the spring and early summer (?!?!?) flowers out. I may get a few extra walks over the next few weeks, as Alan will no doubt be in the hedgerows for his Elderflowers; he keeps friends happy with his flower fritters, and then makes vats of cordial to use through the summer in his cooking etc. I think it must have more taste than the grass I eat out of the hedgerows; else it would have no point. Another reason I get less walks is my fields end up out of bounds cus the cows with their new calf's are in there, with their dad the bull. They keep telling me its in my best interest not to walk in that field under the circumstances - I guess I will have to trust the humans on that.


Dads seem to be settling in after the five weeks, they were like disturbed lunatics for a while. They don't chill like me........and when we arrived and the new heating system failed, then the alternative electric system blew every fuse in the box, (not hot water or heating – bank holiday and COLD) they got stressed. Which only got worse when Alan's PC monitor (and the one I use for these blogs) would not turn on, and it was only about a year old but required another new one to be purchased. Added to WIFI problems (where's the mussel !!!!!!!!!!!) and our poor neighbour had had problems with their heating oil tank leaking, which made our kitchen smell like a refinery. They have had that fixed and the kitchen is fine again (big relief cus they had been told it could have been a REALY big problem) and they have fixed all the other things, and many more, and all would have been the same if they just chilled (may offer a training course to them – sure I may get funding from the government to do evening classes for stressed humans) They are also regular visitors to the local tip, they take loads of stuff there and the house looks no different – they say it's a Tardis – whatever that is.


Dads are also happy that the hotel/pub next door has moved on to better things (I not cus they cannot take me in when they go to eat !) they have some very good chiefs and custom is picking up, so maybe the end of the boarded up era we all hope so, and sometimes I meet a mate on the seating area at the bottom of our drive where on nice days (not seen many yet !) where they drink and eat overlooking our village green. You can take a look at our business in our village by clicking here http://www.hareandhoundsfulbeck.co.uk/ .


I also have to admit I did something daft and it turned out bad for me. I was lying on the settee with dad, right back, lounging and dosing with my paws in the air, (like in the picture on the top banner - right) when the door bell went. I sat up to fast jumping off to bark at the intruder (which it wasn't its was my next door neighbour Lynne). A couple of hours later I could hardly walk, and the pain was awful, making me yelp. It was so bad I could not sleep for almost two nights and of course this kept dads awake, which I tried not to do. They thought I had twisted or sprained my leg, but I did not think so. Alan had to see the vet on Bank Holiday Sunday, to get me some of my wonder drug; I had when I did my paw. They think now I pulled or ripped a mussel on my spine, but most of the pain went after taking the medicine. But a week later I still have to yelp when I turn or move. Dads are keeping a close eye on me, and won't let me sit back like I used to on the settee, but I will have to go along with it so I don't end up with pain like that gain. (I am also watching Alan to make sure he does not nick my medicine – he says if it could only work for him like it does for me - Get your own


Enough for now, you will all be falling to sleep, with so much to read. Another update perhaps next week. I am thinking maybe adding to the smile blog, (I have so much stored from senders) will have to see, if I have the time and inclination. May see if I can get dad to update it for me! I should be so lucky!


Have to go it's there "bubble" time, I need them to press the upload button for me before they get squiffy ! (not a pretty sight I can tell you – no dog should have to see it really !)


You can always send me a message by clicking the email button at the top of the blog, happy to here from all my friends.



Big Furry hugs


Leopold

No comments:

Post a Comment