Friday, March 27, 2009

On our way.........

The new "passion wagon" they have got for me is justttttttt perfect. I slept on my seat most of today, its so quiet and comfortable. Well I thought it was quiet, they said they needed earplugs cos of my snoring !! Am I bovvered ?

It was a long day, can you believe it they got me up at 5.30 am - I sometimes think they don't realise how much it takes to look as good as me, and sleep is part of the magic. It was made worse, as I had one of my girlfriends over last night. Emma came over with her dad, David, my mate Rose joined us,, and of course Val who did the "dessert" shopping on her way home. Can I tell you a night in Emma company is draining, I can only say she's maddddddd, I must be getting old cos I cannot keep up any longer, not that I could 2 years ago, she's always been a bit over active, but she's my mate.

So they tell me we have travelled about 460 miles, I do remember about 4 stops for me to "cock my leg" and do a bit of sniffing. As I said it was very comfortable, and we have now arrived at our hotel for the night. We are in Saumur, one of our favourite stops (been in most of my past blogs if you need to see where we are). Dads were laughing when we got here, apparently they think its like a prison cell. But its clean and cosy, and only €37 for the room (never call them extravagant !). I got a walk longer than necessary, but it was nice going round town, and stopping for a beer at a bar we've been to before. Then all the way back to pick up the car to return for dinner. Ive just had a nice chunk of steak that dad saved for me.

Its now 9pm, so all of you know the lushes, can guess they are on their second GIN (they are small ones in the plastic cups from the bathroom), and I am falling to sleep.

So enough of an update for now, off early...ish tomorrow (NOT 5.30 !!) so we can do the 400 miles to see Robert and Geoff down in the south of France. (get those espadrilles on - Geoff!!)

Have got some pics of back home to show you, but it will have to maybe tomorrow..

Hunky signing off....

No comments:

Post a Comment