Thursday, October 15, 2009

How big can they make pills ?

It was one of these horror days. While dads were out doing the shopping (without me !) I slipped on the tiled floor, and did my back leg in. Dads noticed I had a problem and was in pain, so without a pause they got me in the little red car (more about that later ) and i was whisked into town, and what’s this NO NO its the vets !!!. I must say he was a nice young vet and was being really nice, while he gave me a examination all over, then just when I thought it was time to leave, out came the digital thermometer and in it went, he was so funny saying it would hurt a chewowa but it would be nothing for me !!. I did think of showing him my teeth, but he was after all trying to help me. I had a jab and dads got a packet of pills, one a day for a week. Well they did joke, which end they were for and when I saw them I nearly choked, they are like £1 coins (I joke not !). But they did pull a fast one, I was having a nice noggin or two of Spanish Cheese, and I wondered why they said I was a good boy for eating the cheese. You have it, they has stuffed one inside, but at least it’s down my neck, and my hip is not as painful.

Now as I said the little red car is back (well a new version but still red), they had been to Cartagena (WITHOUT ME !) last Tuesday. And apparently on their return, at the top of the mountain just as they started their decent, the clutch broke and Alan had no gears (I think I know what he means !). Well they had a bit of difficulty doing the last 5 km down the mountain. The car was later towed back to Cartagena to the dealer. Its been there 10 days now, while they get parts. It was supposed to ready Wednesday, but this is Spain, and when they were contacted they said they would be starting the work Thursday, maybe finished Friday. We are NOT holding our breath, as the little red car went back today, we are stuck with our paws and feet, still they beach and social are only 10 mins away, who needs a car !

I am not getting so many walks at the moment. Particularly to the Port. It just too hot for me (and them at times when the humidity goes up ). It’s been 30-32 most days and not usually falling below 20-22 deg at night, so its walk early and late, but when we can we do pop into town to catch up with our friends. I have been here 6 weeks now and still have not seen my mate Barney, will have to try harder, to be in port when he there. We did have a couple a REALY bad days of weather, in fact dads were saying it the worst rain this area has had for nearly 20 years. Don’t understand but they said 85cm per meter. A bit further up the coast it was 120cm. The ramblas made roads impassable, and we could not get to any town in any direction, and roads became blocked with water, boulders and shrubs. We have a big concrete wall in front of our development and the weight of water that got behind it made it collapse ! So this year it’s been the coldest winter for 150 years, the hottest summer in 50 years (one day it was the hottest ever recorded in Mercia, and now the wettest for 20 years, it must all be because we have moved here !

And did I mention shopping ? They seem to be doing it till they drop, apparently BARGIN HUNTING !. We have a nice new black shiny terrace table and chairs, a settee and 2 arms chairs with coffee table on the roof, with 2 sunbeds (just not have to go up there if they decide to use them, too much for me, 2 beached whales on beds !! not a nice sight. The big white sail sunshade is up, and now they are after a roller blind (toldos here !) for the terrace. And we have nice big plants in pots, which I have been told I must NEVER raise by leg up , as if I would. So its getting like home, have to see what “bargains” they come home with next.

More news and pics on the next update

All from your big blog hound for now !

No comments:

Post a Comment